Friday, March 11, 2011

Good VBS Curriculum!!!

Sorry that it has been a while since we have posted something on our blog! We have been very busy with the ministry up here that we have not been able to keep up with our blog as much as we have liked to this past week. One of the things that I have been working on this past week is getting ready for our church's VBS this summer. Since I am directing our VBS this year, which is quite a task with roughly around 60-80 children coming per day along with 20-25 VBS workers, I have had to look through many VBS materials on the internet. Sadly, there are very few that I can recommend...in fact, this year there is only ONE that I feel comfortable with. This one would be the Answers in Genesis Gold Rush curriculum. If you would like to learn more about this curruiculum please click on this link: http://answersvbs.com/2011 . This is the best that I could find that has a clear Gospel and apologetic presentation. They also do a good job incorporating the doctrine of creation in this program. Instead of a puppet program, they have a drama instead which may be hard on some churches but the kids will certainly enjoy it! The only drawback that I have found is the contemporary music that they recommend to use which of course we will NOT be using. I have chosen traditional hymns/spiritual songs to use instead of their songs. So, if you are looking for a good biblical based program with an excellent presentation of the Gospel, I highly recommend Gold Rush: Discovering the Rock of Ages presented by Answers in Genesis.

~Pastor Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment