Saturday, February 19, 2011

Love letters to your husband

Dear wives, I implore you to keep writing love letters to your husband! Just think about the golden rule...do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Wouldn't you like to get a little note from your husband telling you that he loves you? Well, your husband would like it too. Love notes can be a lot of fun for the both of you. Trust me, he'll like it! But to make it fun and unexpected you have to get creative! My husband, Erik, was getting ready to go to a men's retreat. I told him not to worry, that I would do all the packing for him. Erik is a very busy man, and I like to help him in any way that I can. As I started packing, I got a great idea. I got a pad of paper and a pen/marker and started writing little love notes. I must have written close to ten or so and they all said something different. Then I taped one to the inside of his shirt, stuffed one in one in the end of his sock, put one in his pants pocket, etc. To make a long story short, I sabotaged his clothes with little love letters so that he would find them through the day and be reminded that I love him and I'm praying for him! When he came home he told me that he really appreciated the love notes! Wives, I encourage you to love your husband and tell him that you love him often!

Here are some more ideas for love notes.
Put them...

  • on the steering wheel of his car/truck the night before he goes to work.
  • in his Bible
  • on the coffee maker
  • in his dresser/closet
  • in his lunch box( write it on the napkin:)

* Remember, no matter how long you have been married, love notes are appreciated, fun, but never silly!

~Mrs. Bethany R. Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment